Donor Advised Fund
A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to the Boca Raton Regional Hospital Foundation and other charities.
You transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization such as a public foundation. You can then recommend—but not direct—how much and how often money is granted. In addition, you avoid the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation.
In return, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account. This also allows for a centralized giving and record-keeping system in one location.
View My Brochure
Learn more about donor advised funds. View and download the FREE guide One-Stop Giving: The Convenience and Simplicity of Donor Advised Funds.View My Guide
How to Fund Your Donation
Calculate Your Benefits
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?
An Example of How It Works
Joe and Laura want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation.
The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.
After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Joe and Laura recommend grants for the Boca Raton Regional Hospital Foundation (which they've supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their granddaughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.
- Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.
- Get to know the organization's policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.
- Contact Michael Indiviglio, at 561-955-4142 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss using donor advised funds to support the Boca Raton Regional Hospital Foundation and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial and legal advisors to make sure this gift fits your goals.
- If you include the Boca Raton Regional Hospital Foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Boca Raton Regional Hospital Foundation, Inc.
Address: 800 Meadows Road, Boca Raton, FL 33486
Federal Tax ID Number: 59-2406425
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA WITHIN THE STATE OR VIA THE INTERNET AT www.800helpfla.com. OUR REGISTRATION NUMBER IS CH2169. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.